Seasoned, Split Firewood Logs in Derby
Derbyshire Firewood supply all parts of Derby with seasoned, split, hardwood logs for burning on open fires, wood burners and other wood fuelled stoves and multi-fuel stoves.
Contact Derbyshire Firewood if you require seasoned firewood for the following areas of Derby:
- Abbey Stockbrook and Normanton
- Allestree, Allestree and Markeaton Park
- Alvaston, Alvaston, Crewton, Litchurch, Pride Park, Wilmorton and Allenton
- Arboretum, City Centre, Pear Tree and Rose Hill
- Blagreaves, Sunny Hill and Littleover
- Boulton and Allenton
- Chaddesden, Chaddesden
- Chellaston, Chellaston and Shelton Lock
- Darley, Darley Abbey, Five Lamps, Little Chester (Chester Green), Strutt's Park, Six Streets and West End
- Derwent,Breadsall Hilltop and Chaddesden
- Littleover, (most of) and Heatherton Village
- Mackworth, Mackworth and Morley Estate
- Normanton and Austin Estate
- Oakwood Oakwood and Chaddesden
- Sinfin, Osmaston and Stenson Fields
Why buy Derby logs from Derbyshire Firewood
An increased number of people are installing wood burning stoves in their homes in Derby and surrounding area to take advantage of the unique atmosphere they create, and to counter rising fuel bills. Whether you keep your stove burning throughout the colder months or just use for those cosy nights in, Derbyshire Firewood can meet the increased demand for firewood in the town. Our seasoned firewood logs are fully seasoned naturally at our premises to provide you with a 'ready to burn' firewood product, cut to a length that will fit almost any stove.
Burning wood in Derby
Much of the Derbyshire district is classified as a smokeless zone. We would recommend only installing a Defra approved wood burning stove, these can legally be used in a smokeless zone as they incorporate a double burn system that recycles and re-burns the exhaust gasses so that almost no particulate is produced when the stove is up to running temperature.
We also recommend only burning fully seasoned wood (with a moisture content below 25%). We sample test all of our batches of logs before despatch with a moisture meter to test for moisture content. Burning unseasoned wood can compromise the smokeless zone regulations, tar up your flue and produce insufficient heat for your stove to be effective. We would also advise against burning any man-made timber products such as plywood or particle board, and any painted timber as these can produce noxious fumes when burnt.
Firewood Suppliers in Derby
To order firewood logs for delivery to the Derby area, please use our contact form or call: 0114 256 0106 to arrange a delivery.